Wow, what a crazy few weeks that was! Finally the renovating has stopped in our house and the new studio is finally up and running! It was a challenging project to undertake but in the end I think it turned out great:) Overall I only got electrocuted once, had a leaky radiator pipe and some minor back pain but it was all worth it. The challenging part to this whole project was figuring out what to keep and what to hide. Our basement had a few oddities, the windows which I really wanted to utilize from the start didn't give off much light so I opted to scratch them. The steel beams running across my ceiling were interesting. It turns out my house was moved 50 years ago and those steel beams are the evidence of it! The beans had character to them along with the radiator pipes so in the end I decided to leave them in the room exposed. Below you can take a look at all the progress pics and see the finished studio. Leave a comment and tell me what you all think.
The cleansing began, throwing out old junk and getting rid of bulky unwanted items. What a mess it was!
Space is nice and clean and ready for some walls.
Once the walls went up I could begin to drywall (my least favorite job).
Now that's what I'm talking about. Floors go down and BAM! instant appeal:)
THE FINISHED SPACE
And there you have it! A studio worth working in. Leave a comment and tell me what you think:)